Vehicle Substitution

RallyCross classes and rules discussion.

Moderators: mjcmini, omahasubaru

Vehicle Substitution

Postby onekyoung » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:15 am

I have a quick question...

It doesn't look like the DSM will be thawed out in time for the 2/18 RX :cry:

Is it permissable to run another 4WD vehicle in M4 and yet retain total cummulative championship points? The plan is to only run it for one event and then switch back to the Talon.

Thoughts, rulings?

I would hate to not run the first 07 RX of the season :doh:
Aarion Type N
91 Talon M4, 03 Cobra ESP
"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... " - Dr. HS Thompson
onekyoung

Postby Jerry Doctor » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:32 am

The answer to your question is no... and yes.

For the class championships the points are accumulated by class. Points earned driving an M4 vehicle count only towards the M4 championship.

However, you could take a RSA car, declare it for RPA for example, and earn RPA points with it. You could not run the M4 in RPA since it would be illegal in RPA. Follow?

Also, I introduced a motion that the BoG adopted to award a rallycross driver of the year trophy starting in 2007. For it, all points count regardless of class, just like for the Solo driver trophy. Also like the Solo driver trophy, points will be awarded for the divisional and national championship events as well as the regionals. Class championships are only based on the regional events.

Jerry
Jerry Doctor

Postby omahasubaru » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:32 am

You can run any car at any event.

points will go towards what class you compete in. So if your other vehicle is legal for M4, then you will be fine. It could still be a stock 4WD vehicle, but you can up-class it to M4.

May want to double check my comment/opinion with our rallycross steward, James P.
Jon D. Simmons
omahasubaru

Postby onekyoung » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:57 am

That seemed logical. I just figured I would check.

James, are you out there lurking?

The RX DOTR idea is a superb one!
Aarion Type N
91 Talon M4, 03 Cobra ESP
"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... " - Dr. HS Thompson
onekyoung

Postby jamesp » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:47 pm

Yup, as long as you run in the same class, I don't care if you switch cars. In fact, I plan to switch cars mid-season when my super-secret M2 project is ready.

At the Feb. event, I will ask all drivers present if they agree, and if there is consensus, then that is how we'll proceed for the year.
james phillips
#78 ES/PF/M2
jamesp

Return to RallyCross Classes/Rules