Non-Competitor Ride-Alongs: Okay?

RallyCross classes and rules discussion.

Moderators: mjcmini, omahasubaru

Non-Competitor Ride-Alongs: Okay?

Postby nubby » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:24 pm

My friend wants to come to the next RallyX and ride along on my runs.

But looking at the 2007 rules I see this:

One (1) passenger is allowed to ride in an approved seat located in the forwardmost
occupant area of a vehicle that has passed tech inspection (6.3A-N) and is
registered for competition on that day.

I'm assuming that "registered for competition on that day" is in reference to the car, not the ballast? Does he need to pony up any cash? I'm sure he'll help work the course which always helps.
T. Wells
User avatar
nubby
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:12 pm

Postby jamesp » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:32 pm

Non-competitor ride alongs, in the passenger seat, in a vehicle registered for competition are acceptable.

And, also a good sales tool. That's how I got hooked.
james phillips
#78 ES/PF/M2
User avatar
jamesp
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:46 pm
Location: Lincoln

Postby Jan Gerber » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:53 pm

I believe the no passengers is for Divisional and National events. (I haven't confirmed this in the rule book)
Jan Gerber
2011, 2012, 2016 RallyX Stock AWD National Champion
2006 EVO IX (Thanks Steve!) ~> Stock AWD RallyX
2002 BMW 330Ci ~> "das Kampfmesser" in the DS gunfight
2011 Mazdaspeed3 ~> GS
User avatar
Jan Gerber
 
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:33 am
Location: Ralston, NE Chasing cones & dropping lap times

Postby Scott Embury » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:47 pm

http://www.scca.com/_FileLibrary/File/2007rxRules.pdf

look @ 5.2-C

Says nothing about Divisional and National events.

I would say your good to go for any event.
Image
User avatar
Scott Embury
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:43 am

Postby Jerry Doctor » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:39 pm

Scott Embury wrote:http://www.scca.com/_FileLibrary/File/2007rxRules.pdf

look @ 5.2-C

Says nothing about Divisional and National events.

I would say your good to go for any event.


You stopped reading too soon. Passengers are specifically prohibited during competition at national and divisional events.

Jerry
User avatar
Jerry Doctor
 
Posts: 1279
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:50 pm

Postby Jan Gerber » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:34 pm

Jerry Doctor wrote:
Scott Embury wrote:http://www.scca.com/_FileLibrary/File/2007rxRules.pdf

look @ 5.2-C

Says nothing about Divisional and National events.

I would say your good to go for any event.


You stopped reading too soon. Passengers are specifically prohibited during competition at national and divisional events.

Jerry


Thanks Jerry, I knew I had seen it someplace. That sentence really should be part of the first paragraph and not the second.
Jan Gerber
2011, 2012, 2016 RallyX Stock AWD National Champion
2006 EVO IX (Thanks Steve!) ~> Stock AWD RallyX
2002 BMW 330Ci ~> "das Kampfmesser" in the DS gunfight
2011 Mazdaspeed3 ~> GS
User avatar
Jan Gerber
 
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:33 am
Location: Ralston, NE Chasing cones & dropping lap times

Postby Scott Embury » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:57 pm

Jan Gerber wrote:
Jerry Doctor wrote:
Scott Embury wrote:http://www.scca.com/_FileLibrary/File/2007rxRules.pdf

look @ 5.2-C

Says nothing about Divisional and National events.

I would say your good to go for any event.


You stopped reading too soon. Passengers are specifically prohibited during competition at national and divisional events.

Jerry



Thanks Jerry, I knew I had seen it someplace. That sentence really should be part of the first paragraph and not the second.


Yes I see that now.... :doh:

I take back what I said about all events, thats why you should always
read the rules completely........ie what I did, one paragraph short.
Image
User avatar
Scott Embury
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:43 am

Postby nubby » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:13 am

Okay looks like he's good to go, thanks everyone!
T. Wells
User avatar
nubby
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:12 pm


Return to RallyCross Classes/Rules

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron