Question on Novice lettering

New to Solo? Get your questions answered here!

Moderators: mjcmini, omahasubaru

Question on Novice lettering

Postby OUberLord » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:01 pm

Hey all,

I'm looking to participate in the 2017 season as a novice, and am driving an H class, Stock vehicle. I have magnetic decals for numbering and lettering, and for some reason I had it in my head that participating in an HS car as a novice would either be NHS or HSN. I've also heard that I may not use "HS" at all, and would be "NOV" instead. What is correct?
OUberLord

Re: Question on Novice lettering

Postby z28cp » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:00 am

Sorry this may be a little late...

If you wish to run in the Novice class, you would put a NOV on the car, and register for that class. Our Novice class lumps all of the novices together, then uses the PAX system to determine times across the varied class vehicles within the class.

If you wish to run in the normal HS class, then you would just need HS on the car, and register for that class.

We do not mix the two classes, as such.

Hope this helps, or at least doesn't cause more confusion, lol.
Dave Z
NRSCCA RE 2016-17
Camaro 2.0
CP 29
There is no such thing as too much power, or too much traction.
z28cp

Re: Question on Novice lettering

Postby OUberLord » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:23 pm

No worries! I'd actually reached out and got in touch with Mark Walker who got me squared away. I ended up sticking with the original plan and went with HS, but did confirm at the time that Novice would be NOV. It'll be tough to be competitive in the class, but that also gives me motivation to improve as a driver.

Thanks!
OUberLord

Return to Solo Novice Help