Help classing my car

Technical discussion related to autocrossing.

Moderators: mjcmini, omahasubaru

Help classing my car

Postby neostang » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:55 am

Here is the jist of whats done to it......

REBUILT 13-B ENGINE with twin Weber Carb setup (engine rebuilt by Rotary Performance/Bret DePedro of Manassas Va about 4,000 miles ago), Rotary Engineering intake, Racing Beat Exhaust; Rollbar with 5 point racing harnesses in both seats; 5 way adjustible Tokico shocks, Eibach springs & CarboTech brake pads; NEW 15" ROH Snyper wheels with 205/50/15 Falken Azenis ($800 in wheels/tires purchase last year); Short throw shifter & competition steering wheel.

Most of the interior was gone when I got the car, Im close to having it all put back together. It needs door panels and all the panels in the back. I would just plan on it being gutted because I dont plan on putting that much back into it. Its an 83 rx7 and the 13b was not available in that model till 84-85. Thanks for the help and see you all sunday.
neostang

Postby jamesp » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:42 pm

Gutted interior forward of the rear seats and engine swap; my best guess is Prepared class. 2007 Solo rules put your vintage RX7 in FP (page 198).

my .02
james phillips
#78 ES/PF/M2
jamesp

Postby z28cp » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:59 pm

Any internal engine mods, like bridgeporting?

If not, then finish putting the interior back together, and run C Street Prepared.

If there has been internal engine work done, then you will be stuck in SM2, assuming you put the interior in.

No interior, welcome to F Prepared.

Have fun!!

DaveZ.
z28cp

Postby neostang » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:18 pm

Well not much of the interior is getting put back in, just crutial things like the dash and some carpet to make it somewhat streetable looking. The motor is not bridge ported, but it is supposed to be street ported. I talked to spy hunter this evening and he thinks either fp or sm2. I dont really care, I just want to make sure I dont make someone mad because Im in the wrong class.
neostang

Postby Moss Racing » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:42 pm

its FP, if you put the interior back in it, it would be CSP. the guy who origionally built it told me that.
Moss Racing

Return to Solo Technical Help