NRSCCA supports several types of points series. All Nebraska Region members are eligible for year-end awards.
Dale Flesher Memorial
Activity Points events are designated by the Board of Governors at the beginning of the year. Typically, there is one (1) Activity Points event per month. Activity Point events can be any type of event including Solos, RallyCrosses, and Road Races. Points are awarded as follows:
- Participation: 10 points for participation. If you attend an Activity Points event, you earn 10 points, no matter how you participated in the event.
- Finishing Position: (Maximum 10 points.) Entrants earn 10 points for finishing 1st (in class); 9 points for 2nd; 8 points for 3rd; 7 for 4th; 6 for 5th; 5 for 6th; 4 for 7th; 3 for 8th; 2 for 9th; and 1 point for 10th place.
- Workers: (Maximum 10 points.) Workers do not participate in the competition. They earn points depending on the work performed. Event Masters, Course Designers, and Safety Stewards receive 10 points IF they are not eligible to compete during the event. Other workers (such as timing, registration, tech, etc.) receive 8 points.
- Road Races: (Maximum 10 points.) The entire weekend is counted as one event. Points are calculated the same as above with one exception: Chiefs of Specialty earn 9 points due to their added responsibilities.
- Maximum Points: 20 points per event. (10 Participation points + up to 10 Other points.)
- Flesher Trophy: The member with the most points at the end of the year will receive the Dale Flesher Memorial Trophy. If there is a tie, the winners share the trophy.
- 100% Club: Members that participate in ALL the designated Activity Points events during the year will be recognized with a year-end award as members of the 100% Club.
Class Champions (Solo and RallyCross)
These events are designated at the beginning of the year as either Solo Points events or RallyCross Points events. Points earned are for finishing position only, as follows:
- Finishing Position: (Maximum 10 points.) Entrants earn 10 points for finishing 1st (in class); 9 points for 2nd; 8 points for 3rd; 7 for 4th; 6 for 5th; 5 for 6th; 4 for 7th; 3 for 8th; 2 for 9th; and 1 point for 10th place. Course Designers, Event Masters and Safety Stewards receive the equivalent of first place points IF they are not eligible to compete.
- Required Number of Events: Participants are required to attend more than half (1/2) of the designated events. (For example: If there are 7 events in the series, participants must attend 4 of these events to qualify as a Class Champion. If there are 8 events, participants must attend 5 events to qualify.)
- Drops: The lowest score will be dropped for one (1) qualifying event, allowing a member to miss an event (or finish poorly due to mechanical problems) and not be out of the competition. A missed event is automatically counted as the dropped score.
- Awards: Provided the required number of events is met, the points leader in each class receives a Class Champion award at the Annual Awards Banquet. If there is a tie, the tied members will each receive an award.
Driver of the Year (Solo and RallyCross)
Outstanding Gymkhana Driver and RallyCross Driver of the Year
These events are designated at the beginning of the year as either Solo Points or RallyCross Points events. Points are earned for the designated events in the same manner as the Class Champions, with additional rules as follows:
Divisional and National Events: Driver of the Year competitions add designated Divisional (or National Challenge) events and National Championship events, as follows:
- Div/Nat Finishing Position: Same as Class Champions.
- Div/Nat Competitor Points: Entrants earn a maximum of 10 additional points for the number of cars in class that finish below them. (For example: If the entrant finished second in a ten-car class, they earn 9 points for finishing position plus an additional 8 points for the number of cars that finished below them, for a total of 17 points.)
- DotY Drops: The points keeper will automatically drop the lowest scores from either 2 or 25% of each series' events. A missed event is automatically counted as one of the dropped scores. Divisional and National scores are not dropped.
- DotY Trophies: The highest number of points scored over ALL classes will receive the Gymkhana Driver and RallyCross Driver of the Year awards at the Annual Awards Banquet. If there is a tie, the winners share their respective trophy.
Still have questions about our points systems? Contact our current Points Keeper.